Sunday, August 4, 2024

Italian Wedding Soup

Tomorrow is the wedding of my favorite Bachelor--Sean.  I think that Chris is pretty happy that he is finally getting married because he has been my TV crush for over a year.  I decided to have a wedding themed dinner that we can eat while watching the wedding.  I contemplated looking up the menu plan for their actual wedding, but I never got around to it.  Chris suggested that I make Italian Wedding soup and I agreed.  We will also be eating wedding cake (white cupcakes with white frosting, actually.)

When I pulled out my Italian Wedding Soup Recipe, I noticed that it was falling apart and realized that I needed to put it online.  My mom gave me this recipe several years ago over the phone.  She often dumbs down recipes for me, so I am not sure how complex this recipe is, but it is delicious!

Meatballs:

1 lb ground pork
3/4 c Italian Bread crumbs
2 eggs
1/2 c Parm cheese

Mix ingredients together and make small meatballs.  Freeze on cookie sheet

Next, boil 8 oz aciniepe pasta until cooked- about 10-12 minutes.  Set aside.

Take out your pressure cooker and add

1 T olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 C finely chopped onion
1 1/2 coarsely chopped carrots

Cook 3-4 minutes (lid off)

Next, add 2 quarts chicken broth.  Bring to boil.

Add frozen meatballs

Put lid on pressure cooker.  Cook 10 minutes.  Let broth depressurize. Take off lid.

Add 9-10 oz baby spinach.  Add cooked pasta.  Add Parmesan cheese to taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment