Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tomato-Gazpacho Pasta

I had lots of vegetables on hand this week, so I made Tomato-Gazpacho pasta for Sunday dinner. I normally save this recipe for the summer, but with the beautiful weather we have been having, I decided that there was no need to wait. My mom gave me this recipe while I was at BYU. I am not sure where she got it from.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs plum tomatoes, diced into 1/2" pieces
1 yellow pepper, cut into 1/4" pieces
1/2 Small red onion, cut into 1/4" pieces
1/2 cucumber, seeded and chopped into 1/4" pieces
1 small (5.5 oz) can of Tomato juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbs vinegar
1 clove minced garlic
2 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 oz bow tie pasta, cooked, drained, and chilled
8 oz fresh mozzarella, diced

Combine first 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in mozzarella and pasta.

Because of protests from Chris, I also added 1 can of chicken (from Costco).

No comments:

Post a Comment